Thursday, January 15, 2009

I havent forgotten you!

Hello my Sweet Friends!
Thank you so much for all your Get Well Wishes over the last few weeks.
I'm so humbled and touched by your loving kindness and friendship... you all mean the world to me. I am sending very big hugs to every single one of you!

Unfortunately the flu didn't let up (infact i was in the throes of it)in time to make it to Scrappi Jessi's Blogger Lunch after all.
I was so disappointed to put it mildly.
However, it was so fun to see the photo's Jessi posted of the days events!
Next time I'll be there with Bells on!!!
While on the mend, I've spent alot of time reading everyone's first postings of 2009.
It seems I'm not the only artsy blogger who's having a slow start this year.
Apparently,many of you are also feeling like you are in Super Slow Mo'!
Some of you have been sick
some of you are tired of being snowed in
And all of us are feeling the need to reorganize and decorate
and keep these

Even though I'm excited about a New Year and fresh beginnings,it feels like the Holiday activity comes to a slam-on-the-brakes-and-fly-over-the-handlebars...screeching halt!

It's like:
"Hello?
awfully quiet around here..."
Errmm...Does this mean that I have no excusethe time to start my exercise routine,de-clutter,organise and create Valentine's and Spring listings?!
Without delay???
But...but
This All Happened So Quickly...

*the ink has barely dried on my "To Do" list
*i'm not completely ready to give up chocolate...
and
well...
*my New Year's Resolutions List needs to be condensed!

Big Time!

And this year, i am adding a reminder that we are all human and it's ok to:

We are human and mistakes are simply learning experiences.
And opportunities for Creative Kismet!
(more on this must-have book for list-addicts like me here)

But really...i just feel like having a cup of tea and doing this:

heehee!

After all the Holiday Hub-Bub, don't you think we deserve a rest?
The Girls do...wink
We are all on the same blanket here at the Shabby Ranchette!

So the Revised Official Date for Resolutions is now
February 2.
Groundhog Day.
Just because I can see my shadow everyday and all year round here in the desert, doesn't mean I have to be all bouncy and full of vim and vigor.
Not vimmy
Not full of vigor
Not ready.
Won't do it!
And besides, my birthday is in February so there!
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...cry if I want to..."


Thankyou for understanding the rebel in me!
But in the meantime,whilst lounging with the girls,
I am creating birds for the Bird Exchange.
I havent picked up a sewing needle in 3 decades, but really wanted to try something different.
Here's a sneak peek of my first 3 critters.

We must make 6 hanging birds in any fashion.Then we all get to exchange our creations so we have one from each entrant!
See the button on side of this page for more detail.
Next week there will be a giveaway here on Sweetina for one of my tweet fellows.
And of course you know I'll find more goodies to add, because I so love Giveaways!!
Be sure to check back!
I shall close with a new Spring Vignette in the Studio.





Which reminds me....i am working on something quite special for an Upcoming Event here in Bloglandia and time is running out...
Guess I need to get up and get moving after all!
big hugs!

10 comments:

Christa from Chloe Rose said...

It's good to hear that you are feeling better. Wishing you a wonderful New Year.....this February 2nd.....lol ;o).

Christa
Chloe Rose

ittybittybirdy said...

Hey Sweetina~ I hope you are on your way to a speedy recovery! I just love you blog- Why do I not have it on my regular reading list? Must fix this immediately.
I am also making birds for the Birds of Change swap-although I opted to skip the blog giveaways due to time management. Can't wait to see your finished and to see what you come up with for the party! Well I must run there is a mouse in my studio and well he's giving me the creeps... and my husband is out of town and I'm not in the spirit to kill the little guy so I think it best to let him do his evening scurrying and I go to sleep. Hopefully he will be quiet in the morning and I can finish up some crafts :)

Chelsea Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tina! So good to see you posting! I'm having so much fun with the contents of the little box you sent me! I'll show you what I'm making when I'm done. ;>

~ Cheers ~

Anonymous said...

you are so cute!~love that photo of you with your pearl bracelet and cutie ice creamy fabric!~glad feeling betters!~xxxooo di

Stink Bone Jones said...

So glad you are back! I've been checking often. Can't stand the cuteness that is just ooozing from that spring vignette setup! I just love it!
My birthday is in February too, what day is yours?

I can't wait to start making some new things too, I've just been slow as well, know what you mean.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Ugh--the flu is nasty! I am finally feeling a little more like myself for the first time in about a week too. Hope you are back in the pink ASAP--it's been long enough!
Smiles. Karen

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better! Your spring vignette is adorable!

the wild raspberry said...

the bird exchange...what a cute idea. i love your peek into spring pictures. i'm ready!

Judy Streger said...

I noticed your blog listed on Creative Kismet.I enjoyed looking at your blog.
Judy Streger
jstreger@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tina! Did you get my e mail the other day?