Sunday, September 20, 2009

~A Delightful Tour of Not Too Shabby~



Good Afternoon, my Shabby Friends,
Today I have a real treat for your eyes!
Friday afternoon,I drove to Phoenix to visit my very favorite Shabby Chic/Cottage Style store named Not Too Shabby.
Owned and decorated by the Beautiful,Darling Kim Rawlins,
you may know her from her website:
www.nottooshabbyonline.com.
When I introduced myself,Kim said "You're my friend on Facebook!"
and I replied:
"Oh my goodness that's right~you're Kim Rawlins"
Kim is a wonderful,fun person and I feel as if I have made a new pal in person
I also loved her friend and co worker,Katie, who was also so much fun and sweet.
Please pour yourselves a cup of tea,get comfy,and join me on a visual tour of Not Too Shabby.
Isn't this "cake" delicious! It's just part of the pretty home decor I found inside.


The store is a feast for the eyes~ a Shabby Chic and Cottage Style Fantasyland!
From the moment I entered,my jaw hit the floor!


The lighting for sale is divine and romantic,and the furniture equally lovely.


Kim has the most exquisite merchandise~everything from stunning dressers,hutches and tables to vintage pastel dresses,linens,purses,and the sweetest millinery I have ever seen.
The store is a series of beautifully decorated vignettes.
Look at the fabric on this large floral ottoman.The floral tray and cream oval frame are both such beautiful additions to the display.


The pink glass drawer pulls really make this dresser shabby chic fabulous!

Here's a closer peek.


The main room is home to a beautiful pastel palate.
White,pinks,rose,peach,aqua,lilac and butter yellows that we Girls all adore.
Shabby Chic Heaven.
Did I mention the chandeliers?
Below are just 2 of many gorgeous choices.

I wanted to put all of them in my truck!

Have a peek at the pretty vintage hats with beautiful millinery flowers.




Filled with beautiful white dressers,hutches,tables,mirrors,paintings (yummy roses,Girls!)and framed illustrations,Not Too Shabby is pure magic.
There is a plethora of vintage hankies,gloves and hats,china figurines,lamps,and wonderful tins.
These lamps would be so glamorous on a vanity or on your bedside tables.

So many vintage tins,china and don't you love these pink shelves!

and more detail...vintage greeting cards!


Isn't this a beautiful pink vanity?
It looks so more beautiful in person,but the sunshine won out on this photo,I'm afraid.

The sunny outdoors took over in this photo also, but i really wanted you to see this gorgeous parasol.

Here's better detail.


If you're looking for bark cloth and vintage curtains and linens~this is the jackpot.

There is a large selection of vintage chenille bedspreads,draperies. and pastel quilts.(the quilt is in the photo of daughter's bedroom~was purchased here.)

All the chenille and vintage fabric pillows in the shop, and beautifully restored upholstered romantic chairs and setees add to the ambiance.

Vintage dresses....Oh My!
Here's a romantic flouncy white crinoline skirt with sweet eyelet blouse~

And a dreamy soft pink party dress with a detailed lace overlay.
It's a below the knee length and perfect for a wedding or party dress.

My favorite is this petite lilac crinoline and silk number~just look at the color!


In another room was like entering a Paris pied a terre.
Decorated in black and cream this space has stunning Paris apartment feel.
The furniture,frames,mirrors and luxurious skirted vanities(with matching stools) remind me of a French Boudoir.
Sprinkled among the furniture are more vintage dresses,photo frames,vintage purses,hand mirror and brush sets and so much more!
I adore this green wicker chair upholstered in green damask, and the large shabby black framed envelope illustration.



I fell in love with this vintage stocking original and sparkling clutch!


Strolling through the alcove to the right, it felt like an English Cottage and Victorian home.
This area has rich colors,beautiful tea sets,velvet furniture and gold framed art with velvet matting.The palate is elegant and a great mix of wonderfully rich wood furniture,cream vanities and dressers.
More lilac and lavender below~gorgeous!

This is a lovely alcove~




Not Too Shabby has two levels, the upstairs is like a loft/veranda displaying,Victorian birdcages,
signs and painted head/foot boards and shabby iron architectural pieces.
Also upstairs, is a section with vintage kitchen decor and ware. The color scheme here is rich and includes red and white and cherries (scream!),black and white checkered and rich fruit motifs.
Please check out the website to see more detail.
Needless to say, I did not leave the store empty handed~heehee!
Below are a few things that had to come home with me~

Here's a gorgeous oval frame~
You know I had to have this Vintage Ladies Stocking Package in the sparkliest pink frame!

And this to-die-for clutch!

I also purchased a gorgeous vintage candy tin,and a skeleton key.
I think I need to go back soon and buy the parasol, which is whispering to me!
Not Too Shabby is in Phoenix Arizona
So if you're looking for the treasure at the end of the rainbow...
The address is:
11649 N Cave Creek Road
Phoenix, Az, 85020
phone: (602) 374-8608
website: www.nottooshabbbyonline.com
I hope you get a change to visit the store, if you live in Az or happen to visit.
Also check out the online for more fun!
Many thanks to Kim for being so gracious and letting me take photos.
And to both Kim and Kate for the great conversation.
It's so wonderful to meet online friends in person!

Hugsxox

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo-la-la! You lucky girl! I'd probably go around with my mouth hanging open! Love the oval frame! ♥

Lori said...

wow WEEEEEEE!!! what a beautiful shop...i could go nuts in there snatching up pretties...there is a distinct lack of pretty shopping where i live...thanks for taking me along with you...love all the goodies you brought home, esp that sweet little clutch!!!

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

What a lucky girl you are for having such a gorgeous shop so close to you!!!!! I loved all of your pictures and the things you brought home with you. The parasol was calling to me, too. You're lucky I don't live close by!! :) Have a great day!!

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com

Saucy said...

I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us. You're lucky you got to take all those delicious photos.

Isn't it nice when you meet an online/Facebook friend IRL (in real life?) xoxo

BALLET NEWS said...

OMG, I want it all ! The leaf colours on that light... just delectable !