Saturday, October 25, 2008

~Six Nights till Halloween~and Goodies from Priscila~




Happy SaturdaybeforeHallowe'en!


Have you bought your candy?
Or
do you wait till the last day?

Do you buy chocolate?
or
do you buy candy that won't tempt you?

What about the children's costumes?
Did you purchase them last month?
or
will you throw caution to the wind and put something together the Night-of?


Here's what's up at the Shabby Ranchette,
We put the lights up and decor out midmonth.

The Hallowe'en candy was out at Walgreens early this October,
so I grabbed a ginormous bag of DumDums.
I do that otherwise I'll be stuck with:
"Don't forget to buy the Hallowe'en candy" playing over and over in my head,for the remainder of the month.
At home,the candy goes way up on the very top of the pantry.
It has to be hidden from the Sugar Monsters that live here.


Here's one of them.




Granted, it's me the other beasties around here that are more troublesome.
Especially concerning chocolate.

As for D-man's costume. He isn't trick or treating again this year,he's going to sit outside and hand out the candy with me again.He says that the neighbors set up their haunted graveyard again this year he can see all his friends that way.
Maybe when he see's everyone,he'll change his mind...

I will let you know afterwards!



Now I must show you the goodies that my sweet friend,
Priscila sent me this week!
This was a delightful Random Act of Kindness! A "just because" treat!
This young lady is a wife,mother and artist and lovely friend~and she has a sweet,fun and informative blog called
Casa Bella Chic.
I was thrilled when I opened the package and saw:
Cotton Candy!



Actually, it's the sofest pink woolly yarn made into a fun fair treat!
It sure does look good enough to eat!

Then~an adorably sweet, handmade and sewn, gift tag!




It's going on my Inspiration Board!
I love vintage children's greeting card images.
There's nothing cuter!

I was also given the Springy-est floral vintage gift wrap and aqua lace trim.
They're so pretty and I can't wait to use them in my creations!
You are so thoughtful,Priscila!



Also included were these original pages from children's books that were popular when I was a little girl~including The Ginger Bread Boy!
I'm in a Gingerbread Challenge right now!!!
How fun is that!!!







Heeheehee~adorable!
Priscila you are a Sweetheart to think of me! So glad we are friends.

Do pop over to visit her~simply click on the links above.
You'll be happy you did!

Have a great night everyone~
Thanks for visiting~
hugsxx
Tina

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the vintage book pages.....how sweet to find the gingerbread man for your challenge!

Christa
Chloe Rose

Holly said...

Isn't Priscila a sweetie?! Love the cotton candy!

~ Hearts ~

Holly said...

Just had to come back and look at that cute gift tag again! She should sell them!

Jessica Rodarte said...

aaah! Priscila is the sweetest!

The Little Miss said...

hey partner! I miss u! Where have u been! Where is my email you "owe" me?
Hows your little sweetie?!!! My boys are sick...christian is at least. he has the worst cold and coughs so much that he throws up! So not fun for me. Im so tierd...I need a day at the spa and a nice massage!

Holly said...

Hi, Tina!

I've had fun cruising your blog today. If you hadn't done any art since High school then I feel there's hope for me, too! I left you some comments on your flickr.

~ Hearts ~

The Little Miss said...

uh I feel like poop. Im so tird! I didnt sleep yesterday or last night. I dont know what is goin gon. Im like soooo sleepy but no...I dont fall sleep. Carter woke up like 4 times last night has a stuffy nose.
I had to get out of the house yesterday and have me time. So I went to the craft store and got some crafty goodies. But if I dont feel good thats the last thing I want to do...I just want to sleep which isnt happening either

The Little Miss said...

hey wat are you doing girl? Ready for halloween?`