Friday, November 7, 2008

~ Joyous New World ~


Many of us are walking on air since Tuesday evening.
Hope has again been unveiled and dusted off, as history, and evolution set us on a brand new course.
Not evolution in the literal scienific definition,but rather in spiritual awakening and community.
Community~ the verb.

I have grown into a person who doesn't share my political or religious opinions outside my front door.
My reason is for consideration and compassion towards others.
I will not force my beliefs on anyone, or make others uncomfortable with theirs.
And those beliefs are not static; they ebb and flow with each new day. Many new flourishes,if you will,are added through listening and mindfulness.
And briefly,in tradgedy,beliefs can be questioned and even stomped on.
Always with heartfelt apology and always received with forgiveness and acceptance.
Over time, I have learned that in making Grand Statements~we basically brand ourselves.
And that gets in the way of personal growth and change.

What I want to share today with you, my sweet friends, is how full of heart I feel.
By choosing~yes choosing! President Elect Obama, the nation has shown the world it's maturity and growth. It wasn't that long ago that Black citizens of this country were treated as if they were not human at all.
I'd like to think that the majority of Caucasians were simply ignorant and uneducated back then, but regretably,we know better.
Many white people were cruel and intolerant.
And though we cannot change that~we can quietly apologise.
As a caucasion and primarily white person(irish/brit/native/turk),in prayer I have asked for forgiveness for my forefathers.
I believe others have been doing this also.
Just as the Hundredth Monkey Syndrome
and the flutter of a butterflies wings~
our thoughts and actions multiply and create reality.
The ripple effect.

Tuesday night,I so hoped that Martin Luther King Jr and his wife Coretta Scott King,really could look down and be filled with joy.Didn't we all feel that?
After all,he had the strength and vision to speak and verbalise his peoples' thoughts and dreams.
This was the foundation and cornerstone of freedom and equality for Blacks,Hispanics,Asians,Native and all races.

As with growth and change, the process of acceptance and love for one another has taken many years.
With baby steps and big leaps,each generation learned the dance of shared community and congregation.
Over time,we (all humans)watched our feet less,memorized the steps,and grew comfortable as partners.
As of Tuesday~we are looking in each others eyes~
as we waltz together.

Audacious Hope has given birth to a Joyous New World.
Thankyou Dr.King
Thankyou President Elect Obama
~Tina

5 comments:

Shell said...

What beautiful words. I do feel it is a joyous new world for all of us.

Diane Mars said...

How beautiful, I felt such a warm feeling after this election, much pride knowing how far we have come. Equal rights for all to the ultimate. Will give a sense of strength that anyone can become president! I am on a high and I love it!
Hugs, Diane

Sea Dream Studio said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt response to this joyous and momentous moment!
Amen, sister!!!
hugs~dale

m i c h e l l e said...

Beautiful. I recently sought out these words from Dr. King's speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial 45 years ago. They make me happy down to my very core...

"I have a dream that one day my four children will live in a nation where a man is judged not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character."

Saucy said...

These are exciting times to be alive and I think better days are coming. I also don't usually air my opinions on such things and when I did on election day, I surely got all sorts of interesting responses!

I will say this, your words are wise and tempered. I agree with your sentiment completely.