Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Valentine Decor For The Home

This morning I was perusing though Etsy listings and found some goodies to add a little love to your place on Valentines Day.
Infact most of these could be kept out all year round.

This is the first item that struck my heart.
It's a "color it yourself" poster.
For those of us who don't have a cellphone, it would be a dream to color while chatting away on the landline!
Sold!
It's  one of those "One for me and one for you" gifts.

Do you do that?
When you're buying a gift and it's so perfect that you have to get one for yourself too.

    This toally qualifies as a "one for you and one for me" gift!
   Available at Summersville on etsy


A red chandelier speaks volumes of love~
Wouldn't you love to swing from this over the dining room table?
 Oops~pardon!
Wouldn't you love this placed above your dining room table?
Romance with out all the frou frou.



There are smaller versions available in white and natural.

You can find this beauty at Uncommon on Etsy.


This year, I am all about making a Gallery Wall.
No doubt it will be a WIP for (ever, really!) a few months. The fun will be seeing it evolve and the constant rearranging.
Here's a handmade piece that would bring a dash of love to your display or gallery without being twee.
Below from Monkey and Squirrel


Are you falling in love with these hoop embroideries too?

 Next on the  radar isn't decor per se, but rather storage.
Actually, it's both.Let's see...
decage.
no
destore
no
(trying to do that Brangelina / Tomkat thing)
so Notworking.
 Anyway, it's a handsome wood vintage printers drawer that's been carefully repurposed into a
eye catching jewellery display.
Stunning and Useful!
You can find this item at Blue Bird Heaven on Etsy
Best to place an order a few weeks early.

Errm~ found one more for the Gallery!
This artistic piece is called "Miss Valentines Love Bird" and is made by Karen of Laventime Dreams .
  If you look at her collar and decollete, you'll see the heart. Definately on my favorite list.

Here is a gorgeous pillow by Handmade in Highbury  .
I love the Scandinavian influence and the simplicity in fabric and color.

Isn't it cracking?

I hope you've enjoyed looking at a few of my favs for Valentine's Day.

xox Tina

11 comments:

monkeyandsquirrel said...

thank you so much for the little shout out! these are all so so very lovely :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tina! I got faster Internet today and was able to browse etsy again! I hadn't been there in sooo long! ♥

Unknown said...

I was just in Phoenix last month ... love that lollipop fabric I saw from another blog, that she said you inspired her to create.

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What wonderful things! I especially love that pillow.
Penny

Jan Thomason said...

Wondering if you remember me?

I was pretty out of it most of 2010 with all kinds of medical issues and I'm afraid that you've forgotten me. LOL
I'm back and my hope for 2011 is to be healthy the entire year.

I'm catching up on my blog reading, stepping back into the world that i love.


How are you? Are you well? I hope so. I've missed you.

Love you, sugar.
jan

Annette said...

Really fabulous finds! I'm always amazed at what can be found browsing through Etsy!

Jan Thomason said...

i love your etsy finds - especially, well, the ones i liked the most:)

hope you're fabulous!! jan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm stopping by today to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope your day is extra special! ENJOY! ♥♥♥

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Tina, I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Have a nice week! Twyla

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tina! Just stopping by to say hi and wondering if you're going to blog anymore. ♥

PS Note new name change of my blog.

Bohemian said...

Had to Smile at your WIP mention, I've got several Projects like that, including restoration of this ole' House which will likely be a WIP forever or until we pass from Time into Eternity! *winks* Thanks for supporting my Blog & for giving a shout-out to so many other great sites in the Land Of Blog where we can score great Found Treasures.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian