Thursday, September 11, 2008

~He Came Courting~

None of us like to be woken up at 3:00 am.
If the phone rings~we panic.
If we hear a speeding car~we pull the pillow over our ears.
And if we hear yowls...we figure the cat was left out.
And that's what worried me.
Where was Fuzzy?

As I recall, she had been right next to me, purring musically,when I switched off the light.
Or was that the night before?
Weekdays/nights have a way of blending into each other.
Maybe she wasn't next to me at all, but accidently left outside to yowl and protest.
"Nobody had the decency to call me in!"

Even though we have a 6ft wall,this is Coyote territory.
She only goes out when we're out.
But what was the source of all that caterwaulling?
It was a bit odd,considering the full moon isn't till the 15th.

I got up and peeked through the curtains and found the answer.
Lying there on the chair,like "Jack The Lad" was a scruffy grey and white Tom.
He remain wide eyed and frozen for a second, and then jumped over the wall,as if lightning had struck his tail.
And there was Miss Fuzzy,sitting enticingly,in front of the glass door.
Apparently, I scared away an (unsavory) suitor.
Well, I was up....so we girls decided to go out and investigate.
And as always,I grabbed the camera.

Sure enough,this (bewildered) Don Juan returned to continue serenading a very neutered and exceedingly disinterested "female" cat.

Here are 2 photos of the perp.



2 comments:

Christa from Chloe Rose said...

That is so funny! I guess men are all the same no matter which species you are ;o......looking for a lady friend!

Christa
Chloe Rose

Holly said...

Hi, Sweetina, I'm Holly! Loved your courting story... You're a good writer!

~ Hearts ~