Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back to One Shop!


Hello again,
After doing some very long and hard thinking (and number crunching) i have made the decision to move my creations to just one online shop.
Since I have 2 shops,my etsy shop and my (now empty) lollishop I needed to think hard about which one to let go.
Very difficult decision, as any of you who have had to make this choice already know.
I love both Lollishops and Etsy.
Lolli has been so much fun and I have been so humbled to be amoung so many talented artists!
And to have been invited!
I will always remember how much work and time Sadie has put into this fabulous site! She is really a go-getter and a great artist and friend.
My enthusiasm has been 300%, but what it ends up boiling down to is~the economy.
Or rather, my non economy!
Financial economy and "time economy" run hand in hand, in the sense that it's better for me to have everything in one shop. That saves me money and time "running" back and forth...because I will be out in the regular job world soon also!
The other reason is that I want to expand what I create during this next year.As well as Cottage Style, I feel the need to try other ideas and mediums,and on Etsy I can do both and have several very different sections in one shop.
I will be moving my listings over to sweetina on etsy in the next fortnight as a start. My prices will be lower since i don't need to calculate shipping into the list price.
I will also still be happily blogging right here and posting photos on flickr!
And promise to remain your
Sweetina.
Hugs~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know, Tina! (Love your little girl feeding the Bluebirds!)

The Little Miss said...

I think your right! Would be hard going back to and from both shops!!! Its really hard to sell anything right now!!! Tithing helps though!!! Im serious...:)

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Tina,
You have to do what's best for you. I know you'll do great!
xo~Tracie

ittybittybirdy said...

Oh this makes me a bit sad... But I wish you luck.

Big Hug!

Chelsea Ann

P.S. I've been so busy online I can't remember what I have and haven't done lately... so if I haven't answered you question then YES I would love to have an interview- and I am so honored!

Stink Bone Jones said...

I wish you luck and completely understand. I have been so slow! I do hope things pick up for all of us soon. I love seeing all of your goodies on Etsy b/c that is where I still tend to shop!

Elyse said...

hi tina,

i am going to look around your etsy shop right now. :)

i'm having a give-away if you'd like to stop over to enter.

xo

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Isn't it such a hard decision knowing where to sell. Items are not selling very fast on my end!

The Little Miss said...

girlie! where are u

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Sounds like you are making the right decision.

I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway.

AND I wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today, Feb 28th!!
Penny

Jan Thomason said...

oh, man, i kinda think God had me read this post.
and, darn it, i just had a stamp made and business cards made with both my etsy shop and lollishop on them.
plus, i'm in the romantic homes mag ad in june.
i'll let it go through the summer, but reading your post was like reading my mind.

xoxo, jan