Sunday, August 30, 2009

And The Heat Goes On


Good Afternoon Lovies~
I hope you're all having a relaxing Sunday.
We're inside again,as it's 113F.
In addition to the heat,we have a light breeze.
Make that a hot breeze~like your hair dryer on the high setting!
Walking to the mailbox, it felt good for about two minutes...
then even Abby galloped back into the house.
No sniffing to find the perfect place to tinkle...no looking for
bunnies to chase.She just high tailed it back inside!
The a/c is set to a cool 76F.
Cool temps~high power bill.
We're paying to stay alive out here...
doesn't seem right.;)
As an amusing example,above are a pair of candles left in the garage!
Who needs the Weather Man?
The forecast for this weekend was "Melt"
Well, atleast the elves survived...
Ride 'em cowboy!
Yup~we're driving with 2 fingers and suffering seat belt burns again.( the metal bit)
However,with lots of indoor time, I've been busy with my first Halloween creation for my Esty shop
Have a looksee below.


I had so much fun creating this spooky halloween shadow box!
It needs the final tidying up part~but I couldn't resist showing you today.
Below are a few closeups of some of the vignettes.

"I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me..."


"B..B..B..Bad To The Bone"(s)


"It Was The Monster Mash...It Was A Graveyard Smash...IT Caught On In A Flash"


"Oh Oh Oh... It's Magic....You Know Oh Oh..."


"Itsy Bitsy Spider Climbing Up The Wall"


"Bewitched Bewitched...You've Got Me In Your Spell"


This large shadowbox will be available to purchase on Tuesday,along with more vintage goods.
Come visit me at Sweetina

As my great blogger friend Jaime said
she's "burning pumpkin potpouri in the hopes of bringing on a little Fall here in my home."
That's what I'm talking about!
Hurry up Fall!
Have a lovely evening everyone near and far!
hugsxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh,oh, it's magic! ☺

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

The lyrics along with the pics was such a fun touch! (also- great shadow boxes!)

Shell said...

I like all your Halloween offerings. Try to stay cool.

Jan Thomason said...

oh, my gosh, you are amazing!!! you did such a fabulous job - I WANT IT!
No, i can't. i have an art retreat in two weeks. but, someone is going to buy it and LOVE it.

xoxo, sweet friend, jan

Stink Bone Jones said...

Can't tell you how much I love that shadow box. I cannot wait to hang up my little Halloween goodness I bought from Sweetina.etsy.com last year. Love the candlesticks. I'm looking forward to electricity bills going down below the $200's here in Florida.

Any great Halloween Swaps?

natalea said...

I love the shadowbox!!
xo natalea